Shivapuri Peak Hiking
Our TT4FT hiking guide will pick you up from your hotel and you will go to the Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park by private car. We will drop you at Budhanilkanth then we will start walking. Climb steeply for about six to seven hours to reach Shivapuri Peak (2725 m) via Baghdwar (where the source of the holy Bagmati River pours out of two stone tiger mouths) and catch a very nice view of Kathmandu valley and the mountains. The Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park is located in the country's mid-hills on the northern fringe of the Kathmandu Valley with an area of 159 km2 (61 sq mi). Established in 2002, it is the main water source, as well as the home of 177 species of birds, lots of wild animals and numerous rare orchids. It is one of the last areas of woodland left in the valley, and the forest is alive with monkeys, perhaps even leopards and bears.
Please note, the Shivapuri peak has no tea houses or lodges so we need to stay in tents and manage food ourselves for one night. Please find below our proposed 3 days Shivapuri National Park hiking itinerary. This itinerary is flexible and can be customized based on your requirements. Please contact us for the price and quotation.
Day 1: Early morning after breakfast, we will drop you at Budhanilkantha by private car. Hike up to Shivapuri peak (2725m) 6 to 7 hours walking. Overnight in tent.
Day 2: Shivapuri peak to Chisapani (2215 m) walking 4 to 5 hours. Overnight in guest house.
Day 3: Chisapani to Kathmandu via Sundarijal. Walking 2 to 3 hours then to Kathmandu by private car 2 to 3 hours. Overnight Kathmandu hotel.
Our package includes:
- English speaking guide and 2 porters.
- One day tent and food on Shivapuri peak.
- Hiking accommodation in lodge /tea house with breakfast, lunch and dinner (twin share room).
- Private car from Kathmandu to Bhudanilkanth and from Sundarijal to Kathmandu.
Our package does not include:
- Hard and soft table drinks such as Coke, Fanta, mineral water, dessert etc...
- Personal travel insurance.
- Tips for guide and porters.
- Items and expenses of personal nature.